Pad Thai is one of the most beloved noodle dishes around the world. Don’t let the look of the dish fool you, it is a simple looking dish but Pad Thai is packed with big bold flavors. This Thai noodle stir fry has a distinct aroma and flavors of sweet, savory, sour and spicy.
Pad Thai is fried with vermicelli noodles, bean sprouts, eggs and a protein, usually chicken and shrimp. Today we are going to show you how to make a simple version of this dish.
To cook Pad Thai, you need to be fast and cook with extremely high heat in order to get the aroma from the sauce. The Pad Thai recipe is simple but the cooking technique is what makes the difference in the dish.
Pad Thai Ingredients
- 200 g Vermicelli noodles
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 egg
- 6 shrimp peeled and deveined
- 100 g of chicken sliced thinly
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 tbsp of crushed peanuts
- Crushed chili flakes (season to your liking)
Pad Thai Sauce
- 1 tsp Tamarind paste mixed with 2 tsp of water (can use ketchup or just vinegar as replacement)
- 1 tsp Brown sugar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
Pad Thai Cooking Instructions
- Heat up some oil and scramble the egg until barley set, for about 30 seconds, then set aside.
- Heat up the rest of the oil, add the shrimp and chicken. Cook till the chicken is almost done about 2 minutes.
- Turn the heat on high and add the noodles and stir together for about a minute.
- Add the bean sprouts, add the egg, then add the sauce. Stir fry till everything is cooked and aromatic.
- Finish the dish with the chilies, you can also add scallions if you prefer. Then transfer to a dish.
- Garnish the dish with the crush peanuts and lime wedges.